[sleafordbka] Welcome Booklet

  • From: "Carole E Smith" <caroleesmith46@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sleafordbka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:08:13 -0000

Dear Sleaford District Members,

It is finally finished after a lot of hard work! I am pleased to forward our
new Welcome Booklet for SBKA members. When I first joined in 2006, it was
all a confusing blur...Central Council, BDI, who, what and where...?!  It
didn't help that I did not even have a membership card  or know about the
national BBKA newsletter, as the then county membership secretary never
forwarded my membership name on for about 2 or 3 years!

That is why I had the idea to help new members with this. The trouble is it
has taken me so long, that the new members are already in-the-know!

Since we continue to grow in membership, I do hope that this helps the newer
members, and also is a source of reference or clarity for some who are not
so new.

My thanks to Melody Espin for making some necessary changes when this got
put into a PDF file and also to Betty and John Potter who gave me lots of
ideas on topics, and who did a fine job editing.

I do hope it has a place in helping you get started in beekeeping or in
continuing on with your further development. Happy Beekeeping!

Thank you for your patience!

Kind regards,

Carole Smith

Chairman