[slackintosh-users] Re: Slackintosh 12 PowerPC Boot revisited

  • From: "Sunil Amitkumar Janki" <devel.sjanki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 19:42:51 +0200

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:37 PM, James Lay <jlay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> So....here's what I get....really strange...sometimes it boots, sometimes it
> doesn't.  Right now I can't get Slackintosh to boot, but I can get Debian to
> boot.  Here's an actual picture link of where it stops:
>
> http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/DigiDemon/boot.jpg
>
> Interesting.
>
> James

> Hey all!
>
> So....here's what I get....really strange...sometimes it boots, sometimes it
> doesn't.  Right now I can't get Slackintosh to boot, but I can get Debian to
> boot.  Here's an actual picture link of where it stops:
>
> http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll269/DigiDemon/boot.jpg
>
> Interesting.
>
> James

Hi James,

I've had a Powermac G4 AGP for about a week and both Slackintosh 12.0 and
now current have consistently worked very well without problems so far except
for a kernel panic bug that's triggered by my custom builds of the 2.6.24.5 and
2.6.25 kernels and some packages that still need to be updated.

Maybe you can post a short log of the messages you get when booting the
2.6.21.5 kernel. You may also try to install and/or build a newer kernel and
see it that solves your boot issues.

Sunil