[slackintosh-users] Radeon 9600 and xorg.conf

  • From: derekb <derekb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:30:43 -0500

Hello all---

After my old g5 burst its capacitors, I became anxious and I tried to finish my upgrade to slackintosh-current on another computer.

It failed.

I was able to compile (and briefly run) Mesa-7.9 and xorg-server 1.9, but something still wasn't right---either fonts degraded into scrambled pixels or Xorg did not start properly at all. I suspect that my ATI Radeon 9600 video card is responsible. Does anyone have a Radeon video card working with X on ppc? Even my original Slackintosh-12.1 installation failed to display properly.

Cheers,
-d