[slackintosh-users] Re: Newbie needs kernel help

  • From: hal9000 <h4l9000@xxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 14:17:02 +0100

hi :)

i am not using, but i compile my kernl (2.6 branch) like this :

cd /usr/src
ln -s yourSourceLinuxDirectory linux
cd /usr/src/linux
make menuconfig
make vmlinux
make modules
make modules_install

cp System.map /boot
cp vmlinux /boot

personnaly i don't use yaboot (because it's on an oldworld) so it could be
possible you need to copy the kernel vmlinux in other path (this path probably
used by yaboot)), so idon't know about yaboot.

i don't touch to vmlinux.bin and .coff.

afeter that, all is working perfectly (assuming you have correctly setup your
kernel config) and boots smoothly.

i hope i help you a little.

hal9000