[SKRIVA] Snöstorm även på Saturnus?

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:17:57 +0100

Nja, det är kanske att ta i. Men faktum är att Saturnus på sista tiden
utvecklat en stor "vit fläck" som astronomer menar är en jättelik storm:

http://io9.com/5719308/saturns-great-white-spot-is-a-massive-storm-over-a-thousand-miles-wide

"Just as the Northeast recovers from its major blizzard, Saturn has to upstage
the whole thing with the reemergence of the Great White Spot, a massive storm
system in the planet's southern hemisphere that can be several thousand
kilometers across.
The Great White Spot is the lesser known, Saturnian equivalent of Jupiter's
Great Red Spot. It's the name given to periodic storms that flare up about
every 28.5 years, previously showing up in 1876, 1903, 1933, 1960, and 1990. As
such, we shouldn't be expecting another appearance until around 2018, although
huge, Spot-like storms do occasionally show up at times that don't fit the
cycle, including 1994 and 2006.
And now we might need to add 2010/11 to the list of the storm's irregular
appearances, if this new image by the Cassini probe is anything to go by."

På länken ovan finns bilder.

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur