[SKRIVA] Nytt Ansible ute

  • From: Ahrvid <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 00:52:07 +0200

Ett nytt nr av Dave Langfords sf-nyhetsblad Ansible har kommit:
http://news.ansible.co.uk/a325.html

Det är en massa avlidna (som få i Sverige känner till) och priser (som jag
redan nämnt), men jag tänkte ta upp litet språkliga lustigheter. Under rubriken
Thog's Masterclass brukar Mr Langford ge lustiga citat ut verk. Och av någon
anledning nämner han bl a:

"As Opposed to the Noisy Kind: 'In Oland the dawn comes along the straight line
of the horizon like a silent, dazzling light ...' (Johan Theorin, Echoes from
the Dead, trans Marlaine Delargy 2008)" (Tyst ljus?)

Men följande längre citat-samling från ett Hugo-nominerat verk får en att..höja
på ögonbrynen!

"...with
        the arrival of the character Strigan /.../ eyebrows began to be raised,
        cocked, and twitched, pretty soon other characters were doing it, too.
        Is the author telling us, with Wolfean subtlety, that some kind of
        infection is spreading among her characters?' Thus, Dept of Ancillary
Eyebrows: 'Strigan held the icon out, raised a steel-gray
        eyebrow.' 'She raised an eyebrow, tilted her head slightly.' 'Strigan
        said nothing, only twitched one gray eyebrow.' '... she walked into the
        main living space, stopped, folded her arms, and cocked an eyebrow.'
        'Anaander Mianaai turned to her, eyebrow raised.' 'The eyebrow rose
        farther.' 'Strigan raised an eyebrow ...' 'Strigan raised one skeptical
        eyebrow.' '... the siren elicited no more than an upward glance and a
        raised eyebrow.' 'The Lord of the Radch raised one graying eyebrow.'
        'Anaander Mianaai [...] raised one grayed eyebrow.' 'Strigan cocked one
        gray eyebrow ...' 'She raised one eyebrow, and then another,
        disbelieving.' 'It was my turn to raise a skeptical eyebrow.'
        'Lieutenant Issaaia raised an eyebrow.' 'She raised an eyebrow.'
        'Moments later, at the mention of Ime, eyebrows twitched.' 'Her eyebrows
        twitched just slightly.' 'She lifted an eyebrow.' 'It was guaranteed to
        lift Radchaai eyebrows ...' 'Inspector Supervisor Skaaiat raised an
        eyebrow ...' 'I raised an eyebrow.' 'I raised one eyebrow and a shoulder
        ...' 'At Inspector Supervisor Skaaiat's raised eyebrow Seivarden added
        ...' '[P]eople had stared and whispered, or just raised their eyebrows.'
        'Seivarden lifted an eyebrow briefly.' 'I raised an eyebrow,
        incredulous.' 'I raised an eyebrow ...' 'Seivarden raised an eyebrow,
        sardonic.' 'I stopped and turned to look at Seivarden, raised an
        eyebrow.' 'This security officer did not even twitch an eyebrow.' 'The
        right-hand Mianaai lifted an eyebrow.' 'Mianaai lifted an eyebrow.'
        'Anaander Mianaai raised an eyebrow ...' 'I didn't answer, didn't even
        raise an eyebrow.' 'I turned my head [...] and raised an eyebrow.' (all
        Ann Leckie, Ancillary Justice, 2013)

Jag tror inte den vinner Hugon...

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Follow @SFJournalen on Twitter for the latest news in
short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).