[SKRIVA] Film om Welles' Världarnas krig

  • From: Ahrvid Engholm <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <sverifandom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 13:44:20 +0100

På en annan lista fick jag ett tips om följande länk:

http://www.archive.org/details/Studio_One_10x01_The_Night_America_Trembled

Det är en TV-film OM Orson Welles klassiska radiospel på "Världarns krig",
skriven av sf-författaren Nelson Bond. Ur ursprungliga beskrivningen på listan:

"...an episode of Studio One (CBS-TV, 1957) called "The
Night America Trembled". It's a teleplay *about* the 1938 Orson Welles
radio play of "War of the Worlds" that sent radio audiences into utter
panic. The script was written by a writer well-known to SF readers of
the 1950's, Nelson Bond. ... Nelson spoke of
this play often and he was extremely proud of it. If I remember
correctly, I think that Nelson thought that since it was a live show,
no recording had been made and that the play existed only in the form
of his script. However, not long after Nelson passed away films of
several episodes of STUDIO ONE were found in a Westinghouse (the
sponser of the show) office somewhere, probably having been made for
company executives by the advertising company. "The Night America
Trembled" was among them. The print is of excellent quality and can be
seen in it's entireity with all commercials intact on the Internet
Archive at the above site. I just watched it and can recommend it to
you too. "

--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxxx / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande,
sf, fantasy, kultur (skriva-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, subj: subscribe) YXSKAFTBUD,

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy!
http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck  *  Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).