[SKRIVA] Bamsestora aliens

  • From: Ahrvid <ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <skriva@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 18:02:23 +0200

Om det finns intelligent liv på andra planeter, är dessa aliens troligen
betydligt större än oss själva. Det menar en forskare vid Barcelonauniversitetet
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/alien-size-big-polar-bears_n_7012162.html

"And as University of Barcelona cosmologist Dr. Fergus Simpson argues in a new
paper, most intelligent alien species would likely exceed 300 kilograms (661
pounds)--with the median body mass "similar to that of a polar bear. ...
Ants easily outnumber us because they are small. Our larger bodies require a
much greater energy supply from the local resources, so it would be impossible
for us to match the ant population. Now apply this concept to intelligent life
across the universe. On average, we should expect physically larger species to
have fewer individuals than the smaller species. And, just like with countries,
we should expect to be in one of the bigger populations. In other words, we are
much more likely to find ourselves to be the ants among intelligent species.
Or, as Newsweek explained Simpson's argument, there are probably more planets
with relatively small animals than planets with relatively large animals. It
makes sense to assume that Earth is in the former category, so we can assume
that humans are probably among the smaller intelligent beings."
--Ahrvid

--
ahrvid@xxxxxxxxxxx / Follow @SFJournalen on Twitter for the latest news in
short form! / Gå med i SKRIVA - för författande, sf, fantasy, kultur

-----
SKRIVA - sf, fantasy och skräck * Äldsta svenska skrivarlistan
grundad 1997 * Info http://www.skriva.bravewriting.com eller skriva-
request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx för listkommandon (ex subject: subscribe).