[sjbiofuels] unofficially official

  • From: "Jacob Dubail" <jacobdubail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjbiofuels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 20:35:16 -0800

Hello biofuel enthusiasts!

I just received word from the office of the Secretary of State of
Washington that we are unofficially an official Washington State
Non-Profit Corporation.  We'll be official as soon as I receive the
official letter and certificate in the mail (hopefully this week).
Cooperatives are not authorized to attain non-profit corporation
status in washington, so I had to drop the name.  We are on the books
as San Juan Biofuels.  This does not mean that we cannot advertise as
the biofuels cooperative, but all of our official paperwork and
bookkeeping must use the name San Juan Biofuels.

I'm still working on nailing down our fiscal agent (umbrella org with
501(c)3 status).  Will update when I know more.

Happy Tofurkey Day!

jacob