[sinatraphiles] Sinatra on the Al Jarvis Show and other LA shows

  • From: Scott Henderson <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sinatraphiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 10:12:09 -0500

Resending because Peter Potter show article was missing

Last night, I watched a very entertaining documentary on Netflix about Betty White. At one point she was talking about appearing on early television on the Al Jarvis Show. They quickly threw up a photo of Al Jarvis with Sinatra and Nat King Cole. I have to rewind it to be sure it was Sinatra. It was. Here's that photo:

Emacs!

Here's two other photos from that event:

Emacs!

Emacs!

This was from Al Jarvis' radio show and all I can find out so far is that it is pre-1947 because Al Jarvis left KFWB in 1946 I'm still looking into a date for the show.

Also, apparently, Sinatra appeared on the Al Jarvis Show when it was on television. His appearance is noted as May 9, 1952. I have not found out much about the appearance but another article about his appearance tweaked my interest:

Emacs!

The Peter Potter show appearance was May 12, 1952:

Emacs!

These were all local Los Angeles shows and I found another one around the same time:

Emacs!

The Bob McLaughlin show appearance was on May 16, 1952.

Scott

.

JPEG image

JPEG image