[sib-access] slurring in individual voices

  • From: "Vytautas Jn." <vyt.bucionis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 22:26:22 -0500

Hi All,

Recently I had some slurring hurdles in scores containing staves with
multiple voices.  An example would explain the best:

When writing for two clarinets in one staff, whenever I try to pass a slurr
through an upper voice, that slurr appears in the lower voice.  Is it
possible to make it only for the upper voice?  On the other hand, when I
write for the lower voice, the slurr appears only in the lower voice.

In the bassoon staff, it's the reverse.

Is it possible to work around this, or should I just avoid staves with two
voices of independent melodies with two identical instruments?

Curiously, or maybe not:-), I don't have that problem with dynamics.

Thank you.

Vytautas