[sib-access] Re: numpad reaction problem that didn't exist before

  • From: "Vytautas Jr." <vyt.bucionis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 01:23:31 -0500

Hi All,

Sorry.  Let me rewrite this in a more intelligible manner.

I am running Sibelius with Sibelius Access on a laptop.  Sibelius used to
react to my numpad, but doesn't anymore. This happened after
I corrected an even worse problem:
The plugin started all of a sudden not to work correctly, so I added it
manually.
This is how I did it
:
I went to preferences, .  in the display page, , I chose menus and
shortcuts.  Next, in the menus and shortcuts combo box, I chose access
laptop (user copy) (as I am working on a laptop).  In menu and category, I
chose plugins.  Finally, in feature, I chose access.  Next I tabbed, and the
correct shortcut was displayed for the plug-in. Then I pressed add button
and did all the
following steps.

Now, the reason why I proceded with access laptop  is that the keystroke
(control+shift+alt+zero) was displayed.  When I tried with access desktop,
it wasn't, so I didn't continue.

So now the plug-in thing is working beautifully, but  now there is this new
problem that I'm trying to solve about numpad reaction.  So can this
problem be related  to how I corrected the plug-in problem, or maybe it's
related to the numpad itself that I should  reinstall or change?    Or maybe
I should check my keyboard configurations (laptop vs. desktop).  Remind me
please: how do I check that?  Few more  details:
yes, Sibelius used to react to
this numpad, but rather clumsily (when I wanted to adjust accidentals).Also,
I didn't try doing any numpad operations when I faced the plug-in problem,
so I don't know if this happened right after the fix or during the problem I
fixed.

Thanks for any suggestions.  I should fix this quickly as end-of-term school
assignments and composition requests are waiting.

Cheers
Vytautas