[sib-access] navigating the Percussion Page in the Edit Instruments Dialog

  • From: "Dani L Pagador" <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 11:17:15 -1000

Hi, Everyone.
Is it possible to navigate the Percussion page in the Edit Instruments
dialog-not just tab and shift-tab through, but make selections and changes
independently using Sib Access? If so, how successful have you been at using
the drop-down menus for selecting the note head and/or articulation, then
changing it if necessary and choosing a different sound if that's necessary
as well?

I need to use the Conga sounds, and see a list for World Percussion on
either page 158/159 in the Reference manual (I did a .pdf to text dump and
159 is the closest page number to the section I'm looking at, so am assuming
that it's either on that page or the one before it.) It looks like there are
seven different sounds you can associate with a Conga in Sibelius, depending
on type of note head, and  articulation if attached. (The list shows MIDI
key assignments, not staff notation.) Would anyone know what types of
Noteheads and which articulations are used?

Thanks,

Dani