[sib-access] Re: installing sib access on a vista machine

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:12:32 -0000

Hi Lisette,

The installation instructions are specific to XP and not to Vista.  I need
to update this to include both operating systems.  I don't actually have
Vista but I believe that the following instructions should work.  I'd
appreciate it if  anyone else who has successfully installed on Vista could
confirm that these instructions are correct.

Ensure that hidden files and folders are shown.  To do this, do the
following:
1. Open any folder and from the menus choose Tools > Folder options
2. Press Ctrl+Tab to show the view tab.
3. From the list of options make sure that "show hidden files and folders"
is set to on.

Extract the files from the zip file that you downloaded.
This will have created a new folder.  If you chose the default options that
the extraction wizard gave you it will be called Sibelius Access v1 and it
will be in the same folder as the downloaded zip file.

From the newly created folder select the "Sibelius Software" folder.
Copy this to the clipboard and paste it to the folder C:\Users\%user
name%\AppData\Roming\

If you're having trouble finding this folder, do the following:
1. Open my computer.
2. Open the Users folder.
3. Open the folder with your user name.
4. Open the AppData folder.
5. Open the Roming folder.
6. Paste the copied folder into this folder.

There should already be a folder called Sibelius Software in the Roming
folder.   Windows will throw up a warning dialog asking you if you want to
replace existing files within this folder.  Press the yes button.

I hope this makes sense.  Do please tell me how you get on.

Dan Rugman

visit the new on-line resource for visually impaired musicians and home of
Sibelius Access.
www.musicaccess.co.uk