[sib-access] Re: Windows + F5 say polayback position

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:36:12 +0100

Ah, this gets a little confusing because of the different ways that the word
playback is used.  I'm working on some documentation which should clear this
up a little but I'll have a go at describing this in breif now.

When you play the score a playback line moves across the score to show which
notes are playing.  The clocks in the playback window also show the bar and
beat of the line, as well as the time in HMSF from the start of the score.
This is what the keystroke CONTROL+F6 speaks.

The keystrokes which involve the windows key are referring to the live
playback properties of the selected note.  These are properties which
control how the note playsback.  For example, if a note has a live playback
position of 16, then it will be played 16 ticks after the actual position in
the score suggests.

The message you were describing ("0, not used") means that the note has no
live playback position, and so the note will playback at a time which is
implied by the score.

The live playback properties are a very powerful feature, but far too
complex to describe briefly here.

To reiterate, the keystroke you need to describe the position of the
playback line is CONTROL+F6.

Hope this helps,

Dan