[sib-access] Re: Very much a beginners' question

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 09:22:56 -0400

David,

I do not understand which five staves you are wanting to end up with.
However, here are steps to splitting the parts.

The main function you will need for accomplishing your task is filtering.
The edit menu contains the filter for refining what is already selected.

Let's just talk about your soprano and alto staff for a moment. Whether you
have selected the entire score, or merely a group of measures within the
piece to work on, use the filter to refine your selection to that of the top
note. Then copy those notes to the clipboard and paste them where you want
them. The filter also contains an item concerning the second note from the
top. Choose that and paste that selection where you want it.

The complication comes in if this soprano and alto staff has its notes
written in two Sibelius voices. Even with that though, you can filter by
voice number using the shortcut keys of alt+ctrl+shift+1 or alt+ctrl+shift+2
to select whichever of those two voices.

If you would like, contact me off list and I can talk you through the
process.

Dale
Dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx