[sib-access] Some questions before trying Sibelius Access

  • From: Haipeng Hu <hhpcomposer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sib-access <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 15:26:59 +0800

Hello,
  I'm using Lilypond as my scoring tool, because it's very flexible
and portable (means, I can use it in my Pac Mate, because it's just a
code based system). But now, I'm very interested in using Sibelius as
a try, and moreover, composers who view my scores can simply make
corrections and comments to help me. As an advanced composer, I have
to think about the following questions before going ahead. I believe
the SA Guide is not complete, so I'll ask you to ensure these can be
solved:
  1. Is it possible to write blank page texts like customed title
pages? In my case, there may be special dedication texts, instrument
lists, table of contents and brief description of the work, written in
both Chinese and English. This is easy in Lilypond, and easy for
sighted people in Sibelius.
  2. Is it possible to create multiple movements in a score with
individual bar numbering?
  3. Is it possible for us to create harp pedaling diagrams?
  4. Is it possible for us to change lines of a staff (e.g., one line
snare drum to 3-line tomtoms) in the middle of a piece?
  5. Can I manually group staves other than using Manuscript papers?

Regards
Haipeng