[sib-access] Re: Multi-bar rests

  • From: "Dan Rugman" <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 00:35:13 -0000

The next release will be for Sibelius 5.2.5. I'm looking at making the
Sibelius 6 release in two stages.

The first stage will be soon after the release of the Sibelius 5 release and
will do just enough to make the essential features available. These will
include all of the features accessible in Sibelius 5, as well as any
features which cannot be omitted, such as the 6th keypad layout and the new
score navigation features. There may be a few features which some users will
want access to but my priority will be to get a Sibelius 6 solution out as
soon as possible, and some features that only attract a small user group
will have to be left until the second release.

The second release will add more features, such as a proper working of page
and system layout, brackets down the left sides of staves, improved playback
features and new mixer controls.

I know that some of you have been frustrated by the wait, but you'll just
have to trust me that it was necessary. Also, contrary to popular belief, I
have not been ignoring Sibelius 6. I have already performed a thorough
evaluation of its accessibility and what additional scripting needs to be
done. Much of the current code has been tested on both versions, and some of
the changes to version 5 were made so that the transition to version 6 will
be as painless as possible.

It has not been easy for me to remain focused on developing for Sibelius 5
knowing that a better version is available, however I cannot ignore the
users who are not upgrading. Rest assured that I hear and appreciate your
pleas, but I am unable to give you anymore information than this.

Dan Rugman

Visit www.musicaccess.co.uk
for visually-impaired musicians and home of Sibelius Access