[sib-access] Grace Notes After a Trill

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <Dale.Lieser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 05:56:59 -0500

Claudio and Dave,

I've been thinking about the post I made yesterday. It occurs to me that
there should be a slight modification to what I said. Namely, that in
your situation, Claudio, the grace notes you would be putting into voice
2 should be attached to the FIRST small rest following the beat on which
your trill applies. I had suggested working as late in the measure as
you could. The case where I needed similar advice pertained to grace
notes coming at the end of one bar, but not to be written in the next.
See the difference?

Dale

Dale Lieser

Southwest Baptist Church