[sib-access] Re: [Bulk] Selecting Entire Chord

  • From: "Farfar on Laptop" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:03:07 -0800

Dale,

Okay, here are a couple snips from my Tips and Tricks collection, that deal
with selecting chords:

When you tab along or use the arrow keys, the top note of each chord is
selected.

Another trick for selecting notes in chords is to use Alt+Control+1, +2, and
+3 to select the first, second and third notes in a chord.  Alt+Control+B
selects the bottom note regardless of the number of notes in the chord.

This can be useful if you want to strip all of the highest notes away.  Just
select a number of bars on the staff and then press Alt+Control+1.  You can
then cut the selected notes and if you want, paste them to another staff to
give you the top line.

Ctrl+Shift+A is the rather mystically named "select more" feature.

If a single note within a chord is selected then pressing it selects the
entire chord. If an entire chord is selected, or a note which is not part of
a chord, then pressing it selects the entire bar. This means that if you
have selected one note within a chord, you must press the keystroke twice,
once to select the entire chord and twice to select the entire bar.