[sib-access] Re: Avid and Sibelius 5 downgrade availability

  • From: "Dale Lieser" <dale.lieser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 15:03:14 -0400

I'll get you caught up off-list, Roger.

-----Original Message-----
From: sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:sib-access-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Roger Fordham
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 2:58 PM
To: sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sib-access] Re: Avid and Sibelius 5 downgrade availability

Hi,
Advice, please!
I have a Windows 7 64-bit machine. Installed I have the latest version
of NVDA, and System Access as my screen readers. I have as yet no
Sibelius version installed. A few days ago, I downloaded and installed
a trial version of Sibelius 7.51. I found it unuseable, and therefore
deleted the trial version, having had it for about five days.
Until 1998 I was head of music at South Devon Technical College, and I
helped to beta the Sibelius 3 Scripts with the Jaws program using David
Pinto's program. I then became ill, [nothing to do with the Sibelius
program], and had to withdraw from beta testing, and when I recovered,
I found that the program no longer functioned. I also had a fire in my
house which destroyed amongst other things my computer, so I lost all
the information that I had had, so consequently lost the Sibelius
program and the Jaws scripts, etc.
Could you advise me what I should do in order to be able to start
composing again with Sibelius? My frustration is that ten years ago I
could do much more than I can now, which is, in practice, nothing. It's
very disappointing and frustrating. Any advice would be appreciated.
Please could somebody write to me off-list, as I'm sure my particular
problems are of not much personal interest to anybody else.
With thanks
Sincerely
Roger Fordham

---