[sib-access] Adding Chord Symbols to a Score

  • From: "Dani L Pagador" <axs.brl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sib-access@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 20:44:55 -1000

Hi, Everyone.
I'm making the transition from Line to Sibelius and am working through a
seriously bumpy learning curve, so please forgive the basic questions. I've
looked through the Sibelius Handbook, the Reference Manual, list archive and
Tips and Tricks and can't find anything on how to enter additional chord
symbols.

I know that you do Ctrl+K and key in the chord symbol after you've selected
the note it should be attached to. What I am not clear on is what happens
afterward. Do I need to hit Escape to finish the text entry? How do I
navigate to the next place to enter the next chord symbol? When I use the
Navigation keystrokes after entering a chord symbol and hitting Escape, I'm
told that no note is selected and I have to hit Ctrl Home to select the
first note in the score. I then use the Ctrl+Alt+G to go to where the next
chord symbol should be.

Is the process I'm doing right? Or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Dani