[SI-LIST] Re: when is a PE license required?

  • From: "Curt McNamara" <CurtM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rsefton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:51:44 -0500

The best bet is to call the State Board in California.
In Minnesota and in many other states you are required to
have a P.E. if you advertise yourself as an engineer. If=20
you advertise yourself as a consultant or designer then
the requirements come from the type of work. For example,
design of any commercial wiring requires a P.E. license.

                                Curt

http://www.dca.ca.gov/pels/

Curt McNamara. P.E.=20
Senior Electrical Engineer=20
Logic Product Development=20
411 Washington Ave. N Suite 101=20
Minneapolis, MN 55401=20
Tel 612-436-5178=20
Fax 612-672-0443=20
curtm@xxxxxxxxxxx=20
www.logicpd.com=20
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.