[SI-LIST] Re: survey of 2D field solvers

  • From: "Eric Bogatin" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Beal, Weston'" <weston_beal@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:00:25 -0600

Weston-

Yes, I will include, in a separate category, 2D field
solvers that have an integrated simulation engine, as long
as the calculated impedance matrix elements can be directly
displayed.

The emphasis of my column will be the use of 2D field
solvers for stack-up design, by engineers doing the board
design, rather than for system simulation.

By all means, if anyone knows of a simulation tool with
integrated 2D field solver, and the impedance matrix
elements are directly available, please send me a note off
line. I want to include this tool in my list.

Thanks again.

--eric

***************************************
Eric Bogatin