[SI-LIST] Re: series resistor on SSTL-2

  • From: "Peterson, James F (FL51)" <james.f.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 04:48:24 -0700

Jeremy -

i believe  you're right, it is for signal integrity. one reason why it would
be placed near the SDRAM DIMM is if it's on a data line (bi-directional, so
it is close to a driver). if it is on the address bus, maybe it's using the
PCI method of isolating stubs as the signals go to several locations
(DIMMs).....

regards,
Jim Peterson
Honeywell