[SI-LIST] Re: nonlinear in power ground noise of clock driver

  • From: "Brent DeWitt" <bdewitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gene.glick@xxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:12:03 -0700

They are not non-linear with respect to amplitude below saturation, but the
ratio of L to R is highly non-linear with frequency.  The vector sum of the
two components is generally published by the manufacturer as a curve of loss
tangent.  Most filter beads are designed to have the lossy component equal
to dominant in the recommended frequency range.  The description of
"frequency dependent resistor", while not entirely accurate, is much better
than considering them as inductors.

Hope that helps.

Brent DeWitt