[SI-LIST] Re: max. & min. routing lengh of PCI X133Mhz

  • From: Nagy István <buenos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Girish Gopi <girish.gopi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:52:29 +0200 (CEST)

hi
you have to do timing analysis on the bus, based on datasheet parameters (input
setup/hold), PCB trace lengths chip-to-chip and SI-simulations with proper IBIS
models (to get the signal rise times at given number of  chip-loads and given
trace capacitances and signal reflections ).
The signals have to arrive early enough to meet the input setup requirements
(max length), and late enough to meet the input hold requirements (min length)
of the actual receiver chip. obviously do it between each initiator-target
pair. In the signal arrival time, the load-based rise time, the PCB propagation
delay, the clock network skew and the driver chip output (clock to output
delay, min/max) parameters have role. so you get min/max arrival times, and
these have to meet your input hold/setup requirements.
check this calculator for min/max PCB lengths and for max frequency:
http://www.buenos.extra.hu/iromanyok/PCB_Timing_analysis.xls
(synchronous-pre-layout tab. use internet explorer)

Istvan Nagy
CCT

Girish Gopi <girish.gopi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
> I am using the PCIe to PCI-X bridge (P17C9X130DNDE from pericom).
>
> http://www.pericom.com/pdf/databriefs/PI7C9X130_db.pdf
>
> I am unable to findout the routing guidelines for the PCI-X 133MHz signal in
> the carrier card. PCI-X spec and other documents what ever i refered has only
> routing guidelines for the add on cards. Is there any recommendation for the
> min and max trace length for the carrier card PCI-X 133MHz? How to calculate
> the min and max trace length?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Girish Gopi
> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************This email may contain
> confidential and privileged material for the
> sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, retention,
> distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not
> the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please
> contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.
> Also, email is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering,
> unauthorized amendment and viruses. We only send and receive emails on the
> basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception,
> tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.
> *********** End of Disclaimer ***********DataPatterns ITS Group**********

> List technical documents are available at:
> http://www.si-list.net
>
> List archives are viewable at: