[SI-LIST] internal timestep too small in transient analysis

  • From: Joel Amzallag <loeljem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 19:33:14 -0800 (PST)

[SI-LIST] internal timestep too small in transient analysis
 HSPICE
To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--0-2120719916-1201404794=:6825

Shaohua,

This is a well know issue with Spice simulator and has been covered a lot of
times in the list (look in the archive)

This could come from multiple reasons. The most common one is a discontinuity in
the models.

The best way to solve your issue is to call Synopsys support.

Joel.

P.S.: There are very good books that explain why and what to do
in this case: Inside Spice by Ron Kielkowski

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:35:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Shaohua Li <li_ece@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [SI-LIST] internal timestep too small in transient analysis
 HSPICE

I am using HSPICE verion 2007.9 and encountered an error saying "
 internal timestep too small in transient analysis". I didn't set tstep in
 .tran or RUNLVL or ACCURATE. I think the timestep is determined by the
 source sampling interval in the sub circuit by default. Changing the
 circuit connection on the top level can run the program without the running
 error, but I am wondering what might cause 'internal timestep too
 small" error.

  I will apprecaita any discussions. Thank you very much.

  Shaohua

---------------------------------
--0-2120719916-1201404794=:6825

issue with Spice simulator and has been covered a lot of times in the list
(look in the archive)<br><br>This could come from multiple reasons. The most
very good books that explain why and what to do<br>in this case: Inside Spice
2008 11:35:42 -0800 (PST)<br>From: Shaohua Li &lt;<span class="yshortcuts"
id="lw_1201404116_4">li_ece@xxxxxxxxx</span>&gt;<br>Subject: [SI-LIST] internal
verion 2007.9 and encountered an error saying "<br> internal timestep too small
in transient analysis". I didn't set tstep in<br> .tran or RUNLVL or ACCURATE.
I think the timestep is determined by the<br> source
 sampling interval in the sub circuit by default. Changing the<br> circuit
connection on the top level can run the program without the running<br> error,
but I am wondering what might cause 'internal timestep too<br> small" error.
      <hr size=1>Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51733/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ
 "> Try it now.</a>
--0-2120719916-1201404794=:6825--