[SI-LIST] hyperlinx: plane noise Vs Z profile

  • From: "martinos72" <oscar.martinelli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 09:14:00 -0000

Dear All,
Working with linesim I have designed a very simple pds that include a couple of
plane, a vrm, a C, and one IC PIN. Very easily I have extract the z profile up
to 100Mhz in the IC pin area.

Then I have tried to run the plane noise simulation after have applied a
sinusoidal stimulus to the IC pin.

My question is: why I am not able to get the same voltage noise value from the
two analisys?

Example:
1. From decoupling analisys at 20Mhz, Z=0.1 ohm if I=0.5A V ripple would be 50mV
2. From voltage noise tool giving to the IC pin a sinusoidal stimulus IMAX=0.5A
freq.=20Mhz the max ripple measured on the IC area is alway considerably
smaller =28 mV.

Many thanks
Oscar

List forum  is accessible at: