[SI-LIST] Re: hspice questions

  • From: "Jim (James) Antonellis" <janton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Siva kumar" <sivakumar_skm@xxxxxxxxx>, si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:42:05 -0700

Hi Siva,

Many ways to "skin the cat", here are a couple:

If you have Cscope with your HSPICE (CosmosScope is a waveform viewer
   also a Synopsys product) you can easily plot Eye Diagrams and measure
   the zero-crossing of all transitions. Avanwaves is an older Synopsys
   waveform viewer that can alos plot Eye diagrams and give you the zero
   crossing measurement.

In regards to "sweeping" multiple parameters, Using the ".Data" and
".ALTER"
HSPICE constructs you can get any nested loop parameter sweep you
desire!

For example (this is only psuedo code from memory):

.tran STEP END sweep =3D foobar

.DATA foobar
param1  param2
x               y
m               n
a               b
.ENDDATA

.ALTER
.del lib SLOW_PVT
.lib FAST_PVT

This example will produce 6 runs. The inner loop (.DATA) provides 3
sweeps=20
of param1 and param2. The outer loop (.ALTER) will add a second run with
a change in my process lib.

Jim Antonellis=20

janton@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Broadcom Corp www.broadcom.com

Office: 978.689.1669
Cell: 978.618.4745

This message and any attachments are Confidential and may be Legally
Privileged.=20
It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient,=20
please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately.=20
Any dis-closure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be
taken=20
by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and
may=20
be unlawful.