[SI-LIST] how far/fast can M27500 S(T?)P cable be pushed to support differential signaling?

  • From: "Nieznanski, John A - GS" <john.nieznanski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 21:36:38 +0000

Hello SI-Listers,

Has anyone measured, tested, characterized or had success with M27500 S(T?)P
cable to support various differential signaling applications? I referenced this
as S(T?)P cable because the twin conductors may not necessarily be twisted.
I'm interested in any and all SI related cable parameters to support
differential signaling for a range of applications. Items of interest include:
differential characteristic impedance, dielectric losses, skin effect losses,
velocity of propagation, parameter tolerances, or any other observed
limitations. I don't have any samples available to characterize or any SI
related test data and will likely need to do this independently. Since these SI
parameters are not part of the M27500 spec, they could easily vary by
manufacturer, date code, lot code, etc. For starters, any data, past history or
experience is better than nothing. The individual signal wires are 24AWG and
are built to MIL-DTL-22759/33. My best guess today is that the individual
signal conductor insulation is XETFE, but not necessarily. I don't have any
other details at this time.

Thanks and regards,

John Nieznanski

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.

List forum  is accessible at:

List archives are viewable at: