[SI-LIST] effective plane isolation for Z-control

  • From: "Kevin Buchanan" <buck@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Si-List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:37:03 -0400

Hi Gurus,

   I'm working an interface board that is taking
single ended RGB signals and converting it to LVDS
at 30 KHz.

   The stackup is:
t: diff / SE sigs
1: gnd
2: split 3.3, the LVDS part has filtered power
b: SE sigs

   Skin depth indicates that the planes (1 oz) are not thick enough to
provide z-axis isolation between the sides.

   My question is: due to the low clock speed, will the impedance
be affected by the split in the power plane?

   Your insights will be appreciated.

   Thank you in advance

Buck...

List FAQ wiki page is located at: