[SI-LIST] doubt in lossless transmission line funda

  • From: Canes Venatici <starsilic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:23:54 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,
I was driving a lossless transmission line with a near-end rise time of 'tr'
(10-90% of Vdd) with an amplitude of Vdd .
The far-end was loaded with capacitance load. While evaluating the far-end
transition times the expected  rise time  (10-90% of Vdd)
is sq.rt(square(tr) + square(2.2*Z0*Cload)). Spice simulation results are not
correlating with the formula.
Is there an error in my formula??? Please help!
Regards,
Canes

      Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now, on
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: