[SI-LIST] compact-PCI design for test question

  • From: "Nico Fleurinck" <nico.fleurinck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'compactPCI (E-mail)'" <pci-sig@xxxxxxxx>,"'si-list'" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:27:57 +0100

Dear expert,
As a junior designer you have a lot of questions.  On this moment I need to
foresee "test" possibilities on my PCB.
Can you provide me some guide-lines for good "design for test"??
It is very dense board design, so I do not have many space to place
"test"-parts.
The board is a compact-PCI board.
So if you have experiences with designing PCI or compact-PCI board and you
can help me with the design for test guide-lines please send me some
feedback.

I'm thinking to put some test-pads and test pins SMD (Mill-Max smd test
pin).
For the PCI-signals to the backplane I use an extension board (Compact PCI
Bus Adapter from www.busboards.com that give me the possibility to probe all
the PCI signals on my backplane via mictor connectors.

Do you know other possibilities to foresee test-probing solutions, please
let me know.

Best regards,
Nico

Nico Fleurinck