[SI-LIST] Re: Workstation Configuration

  • From: Anil B Lingambudi <anil.lingambudi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Shoaib Khan <signal.integrity1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 20:59:38 +0530

IBM System x3550 M3 is a good choice for HFSS & PowerSI..provided you have
around $10k to spend..
12Cores 3.46GHz / 192GB / 4 x 1TB HDD / Dual-port HBA 2nos. / Ethernet
Daughter Card / Redundant Power / Multi-burner / Virtual Media Key
checkout more here..
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/hardware/rack/x3550m3/index.html
Anil

From:   Shoaib Khan <signal.integrity1@xxxxxxxxx>
To:     si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:   01/19/12 02:12 AM
Subject:        [SI-LIST] Workstation Configuration
Sent by:        si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,
        I am an SI engineer and my group is looking to get a Workstation
for Signal Integrity simulations. I have an old system so I dont have an
idea about the state of the art hardware. I am looking to do HFSS,
Hyperlynx, PowerSI, etc kind of simulation for board and packages. To be
simulate these EDA softwares what is going to be a good system. If you
could specify the name of model, processor, number of cores, amount of
memory that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shoaib Khan

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net