[SI-LIST] Re: Via modeling shows strange behavior

  • From: "Yuriy Shlepnev" <shlepnev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:46:02 -0800

Vinu,

You actually answered your question - the ground via in your case does not
connect anything. Current goes from one side of the plane to another and
does not require any additional connections. The ground via probably adds
some capacitance to the signal via barrel and make the via discontinuity
worse (more reflection comparing to the case without the "ground" via).

Best regards,
Yuriy

Yuriy Shlepnev, Ph.D.
President, Simberian Inc.
3030 S Torrey Pines Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89146, USA
Office +1-702-876-2882
Cell +1-206-409-2368
Skype: shlepnev
www.simberian.com