[SI-LIST] V (1.85mm) connections to evaluation boards/substrates

  • From: "Murphy, Martin" <Martin.Murphy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:45:13 -0700

I have a customer who is developing infrastructure for testing high
speed devices to 28Gb/s and eventually 40Gb/s. It is relatively easy to
get cables, panel mounted connectors, adaptors etc at 2.92, 2.4, and
1.85mm) but much more difficult to find connectors for attaching and
launching/receiving signals to/from an evaluation circuit board or
substrate.

There is a lot of development effort at 28G right now, so I'm hoping for
some recommendations on how others are handling these connectorization
issues. What happens when we get to 40/56Gb/s?? Are there avaliable
connectors/launches??

Martin Murphy

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net