[SI-LIST] Re: Transmsision lines

  • From: "Mike Heimlich" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lalexman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 12:22:53 -0700

Hi Leonard:

Think about in terms of a clothes line or jump rope tied to a tree.  If
you give the rope a 1 foot amplitude "pulse" toward the tree every 1
second then when your first pulse hits the tree and bouncing back,
whenever the these "reflected" pulses traveling towards you cross one of
your newer pulses traveling towards the tree, the amplitude appears to
double.

A great book for this would be Pozer's:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471448788/102-8608449-7188142?v=3Dglanc=
&n=3D283155&s=3Dbooks&v=3Dglance