[SI-LIST] Transmission line simulation at 1.25GHZ

  • From: "Ashok Babu K" <k.ashokbabu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:43:46 +0530

Hi all,

I am supposed to do the simulation of transmission lines of OC48 section.
Since I am a newby to this, I dont know where to start,, what are the things
needed for this, etc. The rough idea I have is to simulate it in SPICE
(WinSPICE or SPICE OPUS). I would like to know,

1. Which SPICE transmission line model is to be used? How to get deduce its
parameters from the PCB line parameters for the same? How differential lines
are modelled in SPICE?

2. What are the analysis to be done? Will transient analysis (for rise time
degradition etc) and ac Sweep analysis would suffice?

The very idea I am having may be incorrect. Please guide me in this work.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashok.