[SI-LIST] Re: Transformer Spice Model

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: beneken@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 04:41:00 -0800

Thomas,

The formula for K that I have always known is ( 1 -
Lpri_sec_shorted/Lpri_sec_open )

That would yield a coupling factor of 0.992.  High quality transformers can
usually hold Ls/Lp to about 1%.

I have never seen the formula that you used, and it does not make physical
sense to me as it just returns the turns ratio.  The formula that you used:

K = ( LP / LS ) ^0.5  = ( LP / ( LP / N^2 ) ) ^0.5 = N

Regards,

Steve.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org