[SI-LIST] Re: Trace width and current capacity

  • From: Jim Roberts <jgroberts@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jrbarnes@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:17:22 +0100

Hi John,
        Have you only considered solid wires. What about braided and
multicore?

        Another point is that with over-etching traces have "sharp"
edges at high frequencies
skin effect forces the current to flow in the corners.
        With high power high frequency it is interesting to see how
quickly the traces burn.
Fortunately for the majority of applications we are talking about low
levels of high frequency power so the only problem  is the  increased
signal loss.

Thanks,
Jim

List archives are viewable at: