[SI-LIST] Re: To measure impedance of a capacitor using VNA

  • From: Istvan Novak <istvan.novak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anto Davis <antokdavis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 21:35:31 -0400

Hi Anto,
I think the usual answer is in order here, too: it depends.  A few
important things that matter in case you want to measure a component
after a cable and you do not want or can not do calibration at the end
of the cable:  a) frequency range of interest, b) ratio of impedances of
your original DUT and impedance of DUT transformed through the cable.
In other words: what is the DUT you want to measure, up to how high
frequencies, and how long and what quality of cable do you want/need to
use? The more we want to deembed or back-calculate, the more cumulative
error we may have due to practical limitations.

Regards,

Istvan Novak
Oracle

List forum  is accessible at: