[SI-LIST] Re: The output impedance of tranceiver

  • From: Todd Westerhoff <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 23:40:32 -0500 (EST)

Tesla,

The impulse response for the analog channel computed during IBIS-AMI simulation
includes the effects of both the TX analog output (which includes output
impedance and voltage characteristics) and the RX analog termination network.
So - yes, the I-V curve determines the TX output impedance, but the details of
exactly how the I-V curves get used are (somewhat) tool-dependent.

FWIW, we're presenting a paper at DesignCon titled "Understanding IBIS-AMI
Simulations", session 6-TH4 on Thursday morning. The paper includes a
discussion of how analog channel impulse responses and algorithmic models are
processed to produce simulation results.

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Semiconductor Relations
Signal Integrity Software Inc. • www.sisoft.com
6 Clock Tower Place • Suite 250 • Maynard, MA 01754
(978) 461-0449 x24 • twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx

“ I want to live like that”
                  -Sidewalk Prophets