[SI-LIST] Re: Temperature effects on backplanes?

  • From: ALDO W MORALES <awm2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 10:15:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi David:

Moisture Absorption depends non-linearly according to Stoke's law and also of
the substrate material. FR4 is worst in comparison with Rogers. It also depends
of the thickness of the substrate, vias and so on.
Please check the paper we wrote for DesignCon 10

Evaluation of Relative Humidity and Temperature Effects of Scattering
Parameters on Transmission Systems
By Ji Li,Mark Minns, Aldo Morales, Sedig S. Agili (Penn State Harrisburg) and
Mike Resso, Agilent

Aldo

Aldo Morales, Ph.D. IEEE Senior Member
Associate Chair of the EE/EET programs
Co-Director, Center of Excellence in Signal Integrity
http://www.hbg.psu.edu/csi
Professor of Electrical Engineering
Penn State Harrisburg
777 West Harrisburg Pike