[SI-LIST] Re: Technical Webinars to Support Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief (April 20 - 21)

  • From: "Yoshi Fukawa" <yoshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:33:57 -0700

Dear SI and EMC Experts,

As Arai-san with AMD Japan already informed below (Arai-san, thanks!!!), we are
going to host "Japan Tsunami Relief SI/PI and EMC
Webinar" next week on April 20th and 21st. As you may know, now in Japan, they
are still having a lot of difficulties such as
shortage of gas and daily necessaries, having big aftershock almost every day,
still a lot of evacuees (138,671 people as of April
15th) at 2,425 evaluation centers (mainly school gym and community center) all
over Japan as well as remaining serious condition of
nuclear plant, Fukushima Daiichi.

I was very surprised to watch the news from evaluation centers and almost all
the evacuees still want to go back to their hometown
even though they lost whole town and may have a possibility of another tsunami
risk in the future. I realized that for Japanese,
hometown is a special place. So they will have to rebuild whole city again with
huge amount of money and need long-term support. We
are planning to host this relief webinar in a regular basis with different
speakers and all 100% of donations will be sent to
disaster victims through Northern Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
(http://www.jcccnc.org/) as a relief money.

I very much appreciate to volunteered industrial well-known experts, Prof. Todd
Hubing, Prof. Ege Engin, Prof. Jun Fan, Dr. Eric
Borgatin, Steve Weir, Rick Hartley, Mark Montrose and especially Prof. Hideki
Asai who will be joining from Japan on live to support
this charity event. In fact, several SI and EMC engineers from Japan will be
attending this webinar online, but they told me they
really really appreciate to these speakers and webinar attendees who will be
donating their precious time to make this event happen
from US (or all over the world) and they will never forget these kindness.
Please find the agenda and donation register site below.

SI/PI Webinar on 4/20 (4 pm - 6 pm PDT)
http://japantsunamirelief-sipi-webinar.eventbrite.com/

EMC Webinar on 4/21 (4 pm - 6 pm PDT)
http://japantsunamirelief-emc-webinar.eventbrite.com/

We cannot contribute a lot, but I would like to do what we can do now and
support my home country, so I would very much appreciate
your support from SI and EMC world!!!

Ganbare Japan! (Hope to Japan!)

Yoshi Fukawa
President and Founder