[SI-LIST] Re: TDR with single event trigger

  • From: "Jinhua Chen" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jhchen0710@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 23:10:58 +0800

Jeff

Good idea. Besides, your approach is easy to set up because it doesn't need
extra equipments. I will use the persistent mode to catch. Somehow, your link
below doesn't work. Can you send me the waveform screen shots?

Pete's approach is quite different. I do have a realtime scope with 13 Ghz
bandwidth and 20 Gs/S. The sample rate might be low if I want to have pico
second resolution. But it worths a try.

Thanks for all the valuable suggestions.

Jinhua

On May 1, 2014, at 10:20 PM, "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The way I've dealt with this issue was to develop the "TDR Tug Test" (TTT for
> short :)).  The key is to put the TDR in infinite persistence mode while you
> tug (or beat) on the offending hardware.  You'll capture the TDR waveform
> jumping at the open even though it happens very quickly.
> Sample waveforms are available at the link below.  Note that in this case I
> daisy-chained the various pins through a connector so the exact open location
> varied, but you should get the idea.  I also had the TDT waveform captured,
> but that's not essential.
> https://www.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v‹6d638a616470759c9e
>
> Have fun,
> Jeff Loyer