[SI-LIST] Star Routing topology

  • From: joe jose <joe.jose.nk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:47:59 +0530

Hi All,
I have a basic doubt on the start touting technique. As per the app notes it
is mentioned for star routing for signals as
match the impedance of the main bus with the impedance of the long trace
that connects to multiple devices.

With this case suppose if there is a trace of 50 ohm coming out of a chip
and when I need to connect multiple devices in star topology do I need to
maintain all the branches to 50 ohm itself? Whether all the branches on the
star routing is considered as parallel traces. Is my assumption is correct?

If we are maintaining all the branches to 50 ohm then what is the effective
impedance at the star point junction? Please give ur suggestions.

Thanks,
Joe

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net