[SI-LIST] Significant error in signal measurements

  • From: Doug Smith <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SI-List <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 22:43:38 -0700

Hi All,

I have been writing again and this month's Technical Tidbit on my site
http://emcesd.com shows how EMI getting into a signal measurement
(possibly being done to troubleshoot a problem or verify circuit
operation of a lab prototype) can be hidden and seem to look like a
signal if the sin(x)/x option in a scope is turned on. This article
extends the concept of last month's article with this example.

Upcoming Event: EOS/ESD Symposium in Las Vegas, NV
September 21-25th
http://esda.org/symposia.html

Upcoming seminar on EMC
October 20-22, 2003 Orange County, CA, USA
Seminar outline: http://emcesd.com/seminars/emc3v1.pdf
Seminar Information: http://emcesd.com/seminars/index.htm

This seminar involves many live demonstrations on operating circuits
and live computer simulations to illustrate EMC concepts. In addition,
the seminar will be entertaining as well. This aspect helps those it
attendance retain the information. I have always said that it is hard
to doze off if you are laughing! EMC material can often put people to
sleep, but not at this seminar!

Doug
     ___          _       Doug Smith
      \          / )      P.O. Box 1457
       =========          Los Gatos, CA 95031-1457
    _ / \     / \ _       TEL/FAX: 408-356-4186/358-3799
  /  /\  \ ] /  /\  \     Mobile:  408-858-4528
|  q-----( )  |  o  |    Email:   doug@xxxxxxxxxx
  \ _ /    ]    \ _ /     Website: http://www.dsmith.org

List archives are viewable at: