[SI-LIST] Shielding vias around microstrip

  • From: "Longjun Zhou(LUXSHARE-ICT)" <Longjun.Zhou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:59:52 +0000

Hi all,
         I’m confused why some microstrip has shielding vias around them and
some without them. It’s well known that adding vias will add cost of the PCB.
In the light of the statement that you get what you pay for. the microstrip
with vias must be better than those without vias. Is it right? In addition,
which rules we should follow when we design the microstrip with vias? How to
determine the space between two vias in line, the gap between the vias and
signal trace and the appropriate via number?

Best regards
Zhou Longjun
Zhou Longjun 周龙军
EE Team / Enterprise Business Group
LUXSHARE-ICT Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
T:+86 769 89089000  Ext 86024  M:+86 13620065253
E:Longjun.zhou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A:No. 17 KuiQing Road, QingHuang Industrial Zone, QingXi Town, DongGuan City,
GuangDong, China

List forum  is accessible at: