[SI-LIST] Re: Seeking a Solution for connecting 2 PCBs

  • From: Roger Weiss <rweiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Hirshtal Itzhak <ihirshtal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 07:10:22 -0800

Hi Hirshtal,
You can connect the 2 boards directly to each other using a sheet of Paricon
elastomer. You design the boards with an array of matching pads on both boards,
align and clamp. You can also use coaxial structures but this will not be
necessary in this application. This provides a virtually invisible
interconnection (<0.3dB loss at 40 GHz)

Regards,
Roger

Roger E. Weiss, PhD
421 Currant Rd
Fall River, MA 02720
(508) 676 8988
(508) 676 8111 (fax)
(508) 889 7290 (mobile)
PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LITERATURE LINK FOR 'PRODUCT APPLICATION GUIDE
LINES' AND MORE: Paricon Literature